Abercrombie & Fitch - Decent part time job if doing school | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"Decent part time job if doing school"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

cool people, casual environment, young and fun, clothing discount, flexible schedule at times, managers were also young so most understood things that were happening

Cons

pay was not that great, depending on the store and the volume would depend on how many hours were given to associates, managers sometimes showed favoritism

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"Pro's and Con's for A&F"

Former Employee - District Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - District Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- High energy, team oriented atmosphere.
    - Chance to move up FAST
    - Cool, hip and young workforce
    - Lots of responsibility very quickly

Cons

- Unlimited work week...you are never really away from work. It's going to be your life
    - If you aren't "cool" or good looking enough, you'll hit a glass ceiling. Lots of favoritism in this as well.
    - For the most part, company views employees as expendable. A new crop of recent graduates looking for jobs are out there for them and the don't really value your time with them.

Advice to Management

- Value your full time employees more....they are the face of your brand much more than the marketing you spend so much time on.
    - Honesty with people. If someone isn't going to get that next level job they want, just tell them. Some will be fine with the job they are in or can look at another route up in the company.
    - Move people where they want to be moved instead of wherever you need a quick fix.

"It's a Trap!"

Former Employee - Impact Team Member/Sales Associate in Beachwood, OH
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member/Sales Associate in Beachwood, OH

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The work is really easy and you can socialize while doing it.
    - Easygoing atmosphere.

Cons

- You only get a shift, (or two if you're lucky) every week.
    - You have to buy Abercrombie & Fitch's latest clothes in order to work there. Even with the 40% of discount it's really expensive.
    Even though I only bought a pair of pants, the required flip-flops, and two shirts that I rotated, by the end of a Summer working at Abercrombie and Fitch I just about broke even. The store changes it's required look every season to ensure that the store associates have to buy more clothes on a regular basis. Store Managers have hiring quotas for a reason: if they make each employee buy several items to be "in dress code" and then only give them a shift a week, the store will make money off of their employees. I'm not sure if all Abercrombie stores are run this way, but all of my friends who have worked at the local Abercrombie have had the exact same experience. Don't work here!
    - Oh, and I have been routinely required to work 45 minutes to an hour off of the clock, after my shift is over, in order to finish a folding project. That's just plain illegal!