Abercrombie & Fitch - Great job while in school, not a place to build a career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"Great job while in school, not a place to build a career."

Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere and fun people.

Cons

Poor pay, poor advancement opportunities, policies that work against the costumer creating issues between employees and customers.

Advice to Management

Invest in you employees, focus on your customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"Fun environment and easy but not a place to work for a long time."

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Century City, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Century City, CA

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Schedule flexibility: if you really needed a certain day off, you can easily switch your working days and off days with another manager just as long as he/she is willing to.
    -Health benefits: I haven't signed up myself because I lost the opportunity to but my store manager told me the benefits are great.

Cons

-The company seeks to hire associates who adhere to the look policy. Therefore, managers may work with associates who may fit the company's look but not necessarily have working experience. Working with associates who may be as young as high school students tend to have less responsibilities and those who aren't high school students. Thus, they may not even show up for their shifts.

Advice to Management

I understand the company seeks to hire associate who fit the company's brand and looks. However, this does not create the most effective and productive working experience since the basis of employment is not working experience or how well he/she can carry out a given task.
    As someone who has worked at the kids store, pumping up the volume seemed unnecessary. Most of the customers were parents and most had difficulty with the music.

2. "model"

Former Employee - Floor Model in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Floor Model in Newark, CA

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

you meet some great people, you're managers are mostly around your age so you definitely can connect with them easily. The job is very easy, you just walk around, greet people, and fold clothes.

Cons

the look policy of the company is a little too demanding. also you don't have much room for growth and promotions. you're stuck in the same position.

Advice to Management

You should really consider hiring undergraduates as managers, many are definitely qualified for the position. you guys require a four year college degree, for not a very hard job.