Abercrombie & Fitch - Decent | Glassdoor

"Decent"

Current Employee - Model/Brand Representative
Current Employee - Model/Brand Representative

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you shop there, you get pretty good discounts. Good hours. Great for students. A lot of added shifts.

Cons

Basic pay, bad management, really boring on slow days, loud music is very annoying, and the folding and phrases can be so repetitive.

Advice to Management

Really fix managers because they're terrible.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"Brainless work and rude managers."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The discount on clothing was nice, but other than that there was hardly any job satisfaction.

Cons

You will constantly be picking up shifts, you cannot think straight with how loud the music was, and you MUST wear their jeans. Their "colors" dictated your outfit and if you didn't wear them you'd be in trouble. They obviously hired people based on looks. My job was to fold clothes. When I was done folding clothes, I actually had to unfold them and refold it just to look busy.

Advice to Management

Work for a different company, because nobody could honestly be happy working in one of these retail stores.

2. "Life changing"

Current Employee - Model in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Model in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

At A&F you meet some of the best people who could potentially be life time friends. You also get experience with retail really easily. This job has gave me alot of confidence & it also teaches you how to speak to people, even people from another country. Another pro for working for this company is as soon as you get a degree they immediately want to promote you into a Manager In Training position. This job may positively help you start an amazing retail career.

Cons

Some downsides is definitely the constant competition with your managers. Some of the managers are just down right disgusting. If you do their job better than them they will automatically hate you. Also when you're new in our store they completely make you feel un welcomed. I luckily was blessed enough to have been recruited therefore they all made me feel welcomed because they wanted me to work for them. Also whats annoying is the walk out procedure. Depending on the manager you will feel like its a bother to follow companies policies.

Advice to Management

I feel like you guys should be more aware. If there are constant complaints about a certain manage r I think you should look into it or even try to find someone new. A&F is suppose to be an outgoing fun environment. We can't have fun if a manager is just disgusting. We all want to be around people with good vibes at all times! And also low down our music priority. If the customers are complaining thats bad customer service.