Abercrombie & Fitch - Not a bad place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"Not a bad place to work."

Current Employee - Model in Costa Mesa, CA
Current Employee - Model in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my coworkers! We all get a long really well and our managers are super easy to get a long with

Cons

Th only con I can think of is the pay. You will not make more then Minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Offer commission, you will get better customer service out of your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. "Awesome people; horrible hours."

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time

Pros

The people I have met at work are awesome. You are guaranteed to get along with your co-workers and even make a few close friends from working here. The scheduling is really flexible, which is awesome for full time students. Also, if you're working impact, you almost always have something to do, so you're not bored standing around greeting people all day.

Cons

Wow. If it weren't for the HORRIBLE hours (I'm talking 4 hrs/week. Yes, you read it right. FOUR HOURS PER WEEK) and "call-in" shifts, I would not be looking for another job right now. Typically you will only get one "real" shift and two call-in shifts per week (anywhere from 4-8 hours each). Call-in shifts are where you have to call the store an hour before your scheduled shift and ask if they need you to work. 99% of the time they don't need you. Why is this bad? Well it completely ruins your day because you wait around all day wondering if you'll have to work or not and you have to plan your whole day around the possible shift you may or may not have to go to.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many people.

2. "Necessary, I suppose."

Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in San Diego, CA

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome co-workers, really flexible schedule, cool managers, really relaxed environment.

Cons

Terrible hours, I would get less than 10-15 a paycheck. And a paycheck is every two weeks so that should tell ya something. Boring boring boring, so much time wasted just standing around greeting, or folding. Having to spend half your paycheck on new uniforms AAA that come out every other month or so. Also super little pay! $8 an hour but after taxes I got a little bit less than $7.