Abercrombie & Fitch - It's O.K at best. | Glassdoor

"It's O.K at best."

Former Employee - Impact Team Member/Sales Associate in Concord, CA
Former Employee - Impact Team Member/Sales Associate in Concord, CA

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of working for Abercrombie & Fitch is the initial discount you get when you start the Job, 50% off, if I remember right, and 25% off after that. If you really like Abercrombie clothes, then this is the job for you.

Cons

Minimum wage. The management, usually college grads, do not know what they are doing. Most people who work there are superficial. You only get one 15 minutes break if you work below 6 hrs and a 30 minute break if you work longer than 6 hours.

Advice to Management

Up the pay. Treat your employees better. Stop being superficial.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. "Store manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great discount, amazing visuals and love the clothes

Cons

Salary, and policy about hiring only good looking people. While being store manager i was asked to work miracles with out the support of my DM. Manager turnover is so bad. I lost a lot of time training managers and the never came back after the 3 months.

Advice to Management

Start hiring people for their talent not for their looks and raise the salaries

2. "Great Summer/College job"

Current Employee - Store Model in Mentor, OH
    Current Employee - Store Model in Mentor, OH

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with attractive people, discount is so-so (since it doesn't work on clearance i've found that i don't really use it all that much), management is usually around the same age so its very east to relate to and become good friends.

Cons

Schedules are usually not consistent. If management likes you then you can expect priority hours. Also if you are casted by home office you will gain priority hours because management is required to meet a certain amount of cast of hours every week (can be considered a pro or con depending on if you are good looking).

Advice to Management

Please provide employees with a discount that works on top of sales and clearance, even something like 15% would persuade me to purchase so much more from our brands but when the customers are getting a better (or the same) deals as employees it seems a little unfair.