Abercrombie & Fitch - Can be either really fun or extremely boring....depending on who is working that day. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"Can be either really fun or extremely boring....depending on who is working that day."

Former Employee - Brand Model
Former Employee - Brand Model

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young friendly staff, clothes discounts, lifelong friends, flexible schedules, fun atmosphere, opportunities to work in different stores if you move, if you get a degree you can be promoted to store manager.

Cons

Low pay and gets really boring if your friends are not working. Also you are expected to keep buying the newest clothes that are released. They are particular about your nail color, hair style, etc...

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. "Floor Model"

Former Employee - Floor Model in Eatontown, NJ
    Former Employee - Floor Model in Eatontown, NJ

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun people to work with, clean environment, you smell great leaving work, discount on clothes, get to listen to upbeat songs while at work

Cons

the overwhelming perfume can give you a headache, some customers are difficult to deal with

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

2. "Seasonal employee for Winter 2012. I got almost no hours and actually lost money."

Former Employee - Greeter in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Greeter in Houston, TX

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The actual work is very easy. Regardless of your position, you'll spend time doing mindless task that quickly pass the time.

Cons

Management gave me less than ten hours during the 1.5 months I worked there. On one of my two three shifts they called me in just to send me home an hour later. I lost money because they made buy a specific work outfit from the store (to be fair they gave me like 50% off). Management clearly favors better looking employees.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to start an intuitive to make all employees feel equal. There is a serious issue with some employees being bullied for being less attractive than some of the "floor models." An asian girl who had normally amount of weight (seriously, I'm not being nice, she was normal looking girl) was called fat by management behind her back.