Abercrombie & Fitch - Great people/environment; awful upper management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"Great people/environment; awful upper management."

Former Employee - Visual Assistant Manager in Newark, DE
Former Employee - Visual Assistant Manager in Newark, DE

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All comes down to what store you're in. I was hired in a great store with amazing people who are still close friends now that I left. Awesome soundtrack; the cologne is hardly noticeable after working there and is something I still wear now. Manager In Training (MIT) program is awesome because you can move as fast/slow as you want; with the right amount of managers, your hours are decent and generally get to leave when your shift ends. Paid recruiting in the mall or going to campus was always fun. Company hires based on looks (it's a modeling retail store- complain all you want, but that's what they stand for). One interview with a District Manager (DM).

I loved the company and the people. I would definitely return to the company if under new management.

Cons

District Manager (DM) and Regional Manager (RM) for my area were terrible. Specifically, when the RM transferred to our region, all 7 Store Managers (SMs) quit within the first six months of her transfer. High turnover rate with management which makes for faster promotion (in some cases) and hinders you in others. DM asked me to manage a store after telling me it was an hour away; store was actually 2 1/2 hours away and company erased all history of having travelled there and refused to reimburse me. District Loss Prevention Manager (DLPM) became a jerk after being promoted. He threatened to fire me after I contacted a lawyer when he erased video information of a customer assaulting another Assistant Manager (AM). Required to work overtime after Manager In Training (MIT) is over especially in holiday season. This should be expected because it's like that in any store in retail.

Advice to Management

Have RESPECT for employees. We're humans not animals. Stop bashing the public and making store associates/managers have to deal with the mess.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. "Work with great people and advancement opportunity"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is fun and casual, and my fellow employees are so nice! Managers are required to have a college degrees, and of course most of us are recruited so this weeds out the idiots and power hungry that you find on other management teams.

Cons

The salary is on the low range but I was hired right out of college so can't complain too much.

2. "Best out of college experience!"

Former Employee - People Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - People Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The MIT program helped you figured out what your strengths were and placed you as the best suited manager.

Cons

There was none. Even working the during the holidays were a blast!