Abercrombie & Fitch - Great people, too much stress | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"Great people, too much stress"

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast advancement, great health benefits, loved the people i work with

Cons

very stressful, they pick their favorites, no work/life balance if you really want to succeed.

Advice to Management

the entire management system needs to be restructured. if you want to keep your people you will have to be more competitve with the pay.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. "Floor Model at a Hollister/Abercrombie & Fitch outlet."

Current Employee - Floor Model in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Floor Model in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at an outlet has been an amazing experience for me. It is extremely fast-paced (particularly on the weekends), and requires a larger staff than most full-priced stores. What has made the experience so wonderful me is the team I work with at my store. My managers are young, enthusiastic, and great leaders. It is because of them that the store culture is very positive. I love coming to work every weekend and working with the team. I feel like my work is appreciated and noticed.

Cons

Not too many cons in my experience. I've had a problem with spending almost my entire pay check to buy my AAA's, not complaining. Pay is minimum wage, so don't expect a huge pay check every two weeks-- instead, look for an opportunity to learn about customer service, inventory, shrinkage prevention, etc.

Advice to Management

I notice that a lot of these rude comments have something to do with managers who are not providing a positive culture in their stores. Stay attentive to who is managing the stores and maybe figure out a way to better track employee reviews about their managers.. I've had a great experience at the outlet I work at, and a lot is contributed from the great team of managers at my store.

2. "Good start for high schoolers"

Former Employee - Impact Team Member/Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member/Sales Associate

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a good way for young people to gain retail experience, it's super flexible--you can choose your availability and trade shifts with your coworkers, and the people you work with are friendly and pretty cool. I think this would be a good place to work as your first job!

Cons

The work gets pretty boring and tiring--constantly doing the same tasks everyday like folding clothes, back stocking, etc. I remember it being fun at first but I got so sick and tired of doing the same thing every single day. Management can either be good or bad depending on the person.