Aberdeen Group - Looking for other opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aberdeen Group

"Looking for other opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that work here (not the management)

Cons

How much time you got?

At least two more years till this place is functional if Harte-Hanks doesn't dump it first.

Advice to Management

Top sales performers do not make Top Managers. There are some good people here who are wasting their talents promote the right ones. Get a new GM

Other Employee Reviews for Aberdeen Group

"It's the worst company I've ever worked for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Aberdeen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location and accessibility to public transport.

Cons

Leadership is lacking, ineffective, inadequate and has lost respect from the employees. Another reviewer noted that a solicitation was sent out to current employees to write good reviews and that is accurate. Good leadership should have to solicit good reviews but earn them by being great managers.

Advice to Management

Create an environment in which employees are empowered to take charge of their jobs.
    You need to achieve an appropriate balance that allows you to lead employees and provide direction without dictating and destroying employee empowerment and employee engagement.
    Familiar with the old tenet that people live up to your expectations? You don't necessarily have to treat every employee the same, but they must feel as if they receive equal treatment.
    The perception that you have pet employees or that you play favorites will undermine your efforts to manage people.
    Take responsibility for what goes wrong in the areas that you manage.
    Calling last minute meetings with no regard for their prior commitments, refusing to okay vacation time use that was appropriately requested, and failing to commit needed resources in a timely manner are hallmarks of disrespectful behavior.
    Bullies intimidate employees with words, threaten employees and their jobs, and have even been known to have shouting matches within the office space. This is the culture within Aberdeen Group and very disrespectful.

2. "We've evolved into a rewarding, positive, challenging-in-a-good-way kind of place"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time

Pros

- Work/Life Balance cannot be beat
    - People are talented and care about their jobs
    - You will be promoted based on your performance
    - Increased focus on developing/retaining talent in 2013
    - Culture is evolving and improving all the time
    - Open door policy -- all of the management is approachable and willing to listen
    Some of the reviews on here are honest -- but what was true five - seven years ago does not hold true for today's Aberdeen. I feel valued & rewarded and I see my contribution all over this place. Our management team listens to our feedback and acts on it. I've already benefited from the increased focus on people this year - going to training and professional seminars.

Cons

- Changing environment
    - There are very few automated systems in place and it makes for laborious, human error-prone process sometimes

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your management team and trust that you have put the right people in place to deal with our plan moving forward. Also, respect that sometimes, the perception of our employees is the reality of their work life -- that matters a lot.