Abrazo Community Health Network - Here 5 years and happy! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abrazo Community Health Network

"Here 5 years and happy!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Human Resources in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The coworkers and staff are great- a very talented group of people. I have been in the organization 5 years and had great opportunities to learn and grow professionally and personally.

Cons

A previous bad reputation continues to follow us, though many of those things have been changed. Abrazo's future is very bright- there are lots of good things happening here!

Other Employee Reviews for Abrazo Community Health Network

"Coworkers are the Best"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Goodyear, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Community Health Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy the coworkers on my unit. There is a true sense of teamwork and a desire to provide great patient care amongst the core staff.

Cons

Staffing problems and lack of some basic necessities to do our jobs make this hospital an incredibly difficult place to work at times. Nursing is a hard job to begin with, and when we lack the tools we need, or the staff we need, to ensure patient safety and satisfaction it is extremely frustrating.

Advice to Management

Quit spending the thousands of dollars on outside consultants and programs in order to change this organization from the outside and dedicate the money and time to staffing, maintaining core values, establishing consistent policy, placing patient safety above all else, and to providing and maintaining the basic supplies needed to perform safe and competent patient care. You have some stellar employees here. Help us do our jobs.

"Downward Spiral"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The people I work with direclty are friendly, team oriented and great to work with.

Cons

The upper managment (local and from Vanguard) consistently make poor decisions, let their good workers go and actually promote the horrible ones. It sounds unrealistic, but I have seen it way too many times where they promote someone because of who they are (ex. a friend or someone's daughter) instead of their capabilities.
    They have not given out raises for several years now. (2012)

Advice to Management

ASk the people who actually do the job rather than someone 3 levels up about the work. They have no idea what we are doing in detail and realize that we got here though experience and we are not all easily replacable.