Academy of Art University - I have been able to build long lasting friendships with my coworkers, which gets me through the day. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Academy of Art University

"I have been able to build long lasting friendships with my coworkers, which gets me through the day."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Academy of Art University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome Coworkers
Good Benefits Package
Holiday Party

Cons

Little-to-no opportunities for growth
No annual review on job performance
No raises

Advice to Management

Acknowledge that some employees produce more quality work than others and that they should be recognized for that work.
Treat your employees like adults.
Create a friendly and open work environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Academy of Art University

"If you are a robot, you are welcome to here."

Current Employee - Admissions in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Admissions in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Academy of Art University full-time

Pros

close to the public transportation, some cool teachers and students. There is a $200 reward for current employee to introduce a friend if he gets hired here. It is great to get this money for punishing someone you doesn't like by throwing him in.

Cons

HR policy or benefits are just a picture in the frame. Please do not try to fight for your rights, just quit quietly. Never get approved to take vacation days when you are in need of it. Worked on holidays but did not receive paid day-off instead. Push you do over time work or work from home on weekends without paid. Managers do not know what they are talking about. A lot of practice do not make sense but you are not allowed to give suggestion. Talented co-workers will not stay here longer than 6 months, maybe even 3 months? No Complement, only Criticism. Every much micromanagement plus misleading. You are always monitored, good to say like a FBI, bad to say like a prisoner, go figure. You are just waiting for a day or a reason to get out of here.

Advice to Management

I am not even willing to give advice. Can they understand? How many managers were major in management?

2. "A Stepping Stone to the Next Best Thing"

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Academy of Art University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is sufficient to the cost of living. The location is great. Your co-workers are great people...once you are allowed to talk to them. In all honesty, this place is perfect if you are looking to build your resume or save some money with a decent salary.

Cons

The amount of micro-management is ridiculous...almost suffocating. It is to the point where the managers will chide you for long bathroom breaks, 2 minutes over the 15 minutes break and chatting with your neighbor. This is a strict call center where you will be judged on the amount of phone calls you made, how many students you registered and how you 'engaged' a student in their discussion about education. You can tell that most employees are terrified that they will lose their jobs because they called out sick or that their numbers weren't high enough.

Advice to Management

Stop threatening your employees and listen to them....but of course this will never change. Treating people like they are disposable is reprehensible- including students. This should be a real educational institution instead of a profiteering student-loan corporation.