Acadian Asset Management - Never again. What a nightmare! | Glassdoor

"Never again. What a nightmare!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Boston, MA

I worked at Acadian Asset Management

Pros

Free snacks in the kitchen.

Cons

No training or onboarding at all. Weeks went by with nothing to do, and when my manager finally gave me work, it was updating long, tedious Excel lists. Mindless work and weirdest coworkers ever. No one talked to each other, no one had lunch together. In my first week, I asked a coworker if she wanted to get lunch with me tomorrow and she said yes. Next day, she just stood up and left without saying anything, and... when I went to get lunch by myself, I ran into her. She just came back from lunch. Super awkward behavior. And that's just one example. No teamwork at all. I still believe they were aliens. On my first day at work, a coworker came to me and asked me why I'm even here. And on and on it went. Talked to HR but she was only concerned about the company's reputation and didn't do anything.

Acadian Asset Management2018-09-27

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Amazing learning opportunities at a vibrant company"

Former Intern - Performance and Attribution in Boston, MA

I worked at Acadian Asset Management for less than a year

Pros

The firm has an open and friendly culture - you can talk to anyone at the firm no matter their role and they will give you time. Employees are very knowledgeable and passionate about their work, and they are more than willing to incorporate your ideas. Interns are truly integrated into their departments and given meaningful work - they are treated like full-time employees which is great experience. Acadian also has... a great focus on community service which is extremely important and builds camaraderie among employees.

Cons

I can't think of any

Advice to Management

Acadian is growing quickly - maintain the small-company environment as much as you can! It's amazing to work at a company where most people know each other.

Acadian Asset Management2019-09-06

"World-class quant manager with stellar culture"

Current Employee - Performance Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acadian Asset Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture is phenomenal! Everyone is engaged, smart, motivated, and willing to help. Acadian does well in encouraging staff to continue learning and developing either through certifications and/or higher education. Decision-making is pragmatic, promotions meritocratic (relatively little in the way of petty politics).

Cons

Junior positions on the Investment Team are relatively few so it can be challenging to grow

Acadian Asset Management2019-08-12

Discover more reviews about Acadian Asset Management.