Accelrys - Politics, no appreciation for long term customers, killing most important product lines | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accelrys

"Politics, no appreciation for long term customers, killing most important product lines"

Former Employee - Manager in San Ramon, CA
Former Employee - Manager in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Accelrys full-time

Pros

Good place for people who can handle changes in direction on a regular basis and know how to handle politics.

Cons

Company is wrought with politics. They only care about M&A's and positioning themselves to be sold. They don't appreciate long-term employees and are not thinking of products that customers rely on heavily. They think that R&D employees are easily replaced instead of recognizing the complexity of work experience the products require.

Advice to Management

Make sure people in headquarters work with people in remote offices and that they don't ignore or sabotage them. Stop promoting people who are not respected by your employees. Don't forget your Cheminformatics baseline.

Other Employee Reviews for Accelrys

"Nice & Friendly Environment"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Accelrys full-time

Pros

1.Smart professionals.
    2. Friendly work environment.
    3. Happy Hour on Thursday
    4. Lots of projects to work on.
    5. Provide training
    6. Flexible hours

It's a great place to work on new projects. Management will support training to deploy new technologies. Everyone works hard and have been there for years.

Cons

1. Work long hours.
    2. Team gets consolidated to smaller group yearly.
    3. Outsource work to India.

If you like a fast pace environment, heavy workload, with little rewards; this is a place to be. Here you'll learn how to manage your time.

2. "A company that truly respects and appreciates your contributions"

Current Employee - Software Support Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Support Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Accelrys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing from my own experience, is that they don't micro-manage you. They hire you to do the job and don't feel the need to hover over you to ensure you get it done. They provide a friendly open environment where everyone works together, without a defined hierarchy. You are treated as an equal by everyone, regardless of the initials that follow their name. They strive to provide a relaxed atmosphere and grant employees opportunities to have fun with their co-workers, whether it be at the weekly on site happy hours, to the amenities like, pool table, shuffleboard and Foosball or the full gym and basketball court. I also like the relaxed dress code.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found any. I'll update my review should I stumble across something later.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You've assembled an eclectic group of people that are on board with the companies goals and work to continue pushing us forward.