Accenture - Work Hard, Get Screwed | Glassdoor

"Work Hard, Get Screwed"

Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

Great knowledge sharing network and able to pick up a lot of skills in any project. Benefits are great.

Cons

- When it comes to promotion, it doesn't make sense to have your counselor to represent you if he/she hasn't been on your project. Therefore a lot of misinterpretation happens resulting your chance for promotion. You can work your butt off, provide great quality work, get praises from management but the only thing you'll get in the end is disappointment.

- Bonus' is pathetic and management expects you to work "harder" next year

- Rolling off projects is almost impossible with stubborn management that always thinks about "me, me, me"

Advice to Management

As a management consulting firm, LISTEN to your own people. Stop being cheap and give better bonuses/salary to employees. And you wonder why ACN slipped on Fortune's list year after year.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Good place to learn and develop as a professional.

Cons

At times poor work/life balance

Advice to Management

'm happy with the experience and am getting out of it what I hoped for.

"A mixed bag"

Former Employee - Specialist in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Specialist in Irving, TX

Pros

Compensation is good. As an "experienced hire," I came in as a specialist/ consultant at the equivalent of a manager's salary in the industry. Bonuses in the Services organization were hefty since I had a high performance ranking and the projects to which I was assigned were profitable.

Cons

If you don't have a college degree or even if you do but aren't in the consulting organization, opportunities for advancement are limited. There is no employee development because it's assumed you're already "smart" by the time you make it to Acn. And depending on the leaders assigned to a particular project, things like management styles, work-life balance, and team relationships vary wildly from completely wonderful to absolutely nightmarish.