Accenture - First 'career' job and still new to the company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"First 'career' job and still new to the company"

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Technology Consulting Analyst in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Very young culture and clear advancement progression

Cons

Pay tends to be higher at other firms

Advice to Management

Overall my impressions have been good but more choices when it comes to traveling is always nice

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "Middle of the road Accenture review"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The opportunities that is given, to employees. The employees at the firm make it a great place, due to the fact of the knowledge one can gain from others. Also a nice perk of the firm, but can be curse is the traveling.

Cons

Having incompetent management, and at times the long hours.

Advice to Management

Keep the employees aware to the best of their ability, with what is going on with in the firm, and to start providing better programs that will help folks understand the promotion process.

"Neutral about Accenture. Take the good and the bad, and take them both in the rear."

Current Employee - Management Consulting Consultant
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Consultant

Pros

Exposure to a multitude of opportunities that otherwise would not be possible at a smaller firm. In addition, the availability of and opportunities for training are far beyond what I have seen at other companies.

Cons

I will go with the usual answers here:
    Compensation, especially for anyone below senior executive level (as well as the newer senior executives) is absolutely NOT aligned with where it should be. It is slightly below average, and for a company this large and successful that is unacceptable. Accenture is to going to continue to see high attrition rates and a thinning of a lot of good talent as time goes by.
    Hours can be long and tedious and in comparison to compensation, what I have to give up (time with my family) is not well balanced. Most managers however are receptive to this feed back but due to poorly / under-sold projects, there isn't much they can do since we are committed to delivering X2 and there is only 1 person (where X is the normal workload per person).

Advice to Management

Playing favorites in banding and especially opportunities with those that are your drinking or shopping buddies does not promote the advancement of the best. I am sure this is ramped in any company you go to but since I work here, I would say we need to do a better job of giving opportunities and recognition to the most qualified, dedicated and hardest working employees.