Accenture - A growth driven friendly company | Glassdoor
  1. "A growth driven friendly company"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pune

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Environment is good - COlleagues are nice - Compensation and work satisfaction is there

Cons

- Issues with work life balance - Opportunities to those who dont deserve (few cases)

Advice to Management

- At the time of moderation look for the work not the recommendation else u might loose good resources

Accenture2012-06-28
  1. "Great!"

Current Employee - Senior Strategy Consultant

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exit opportunities are fantastic and learn a ton

Cons

Hrs can be bad depending on project

Accenture2019-12-05
  2. "below market pay for chill work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Pros

My job in corporate functions is very flexible (I set my own hours and work from home and can work from anywhere). Accenture hires great people, it's a pleasure to work with everyone I've encountered, and it's easy to grow your network through the employee resource groups. This is a fine place to work if you value work-life balance more than maximizing your income. Senior management is approachable, friendly, and... responsive to employee concerns. Overall the best place I've ever worked even though it has some annoying quirks and I wish I'd negotiated better on salary.

Cons

I didn't think working from home 100% would be a con but I'd prefer the ability to go into the office. Accenture does "hot desking" in Chicago and I'm not a fan. I avoid the office at all costs because they are pretty uncomfortable - it's like they choose the least comfortable chairs to discourage you from coming. It's impossible to request basic things like a monitor - so you end up hunched over your laptop if you... do choose to go in, and you have to bring all your accessories with you. The benefits are also a little cheesy - company only gives 17 days of PTO (combined vacation and sick time) to new hires and forces everyone to take vacation between December 26-31, which would be fine if they gave us more PTO. Overall, compensation seems to be below market but they give you golden handcuffs with the insane telework and scheduling flexibility. The only really depressing thing about working here is knowing that 22-year-olds with degrees in gender studies probably make more than you do. Oh well.

Advice to Management

More salary transparency (the best thing you could do for gender equity would be to post everyone's base compensation and a bonus range), and quit trying to force everyone to burn 1/3 of their PTO in December

Accenture2019-12-05

Discover more reviews about Accenture.