Accenture - Have enjoyed establishing my career at Accenture, but I do not see long-term opportunity if I stay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Have enjoyed establishing my career at Accenture, but I do not see long-term opportunity if I stay"

Current Employee - Systems Integration Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Systems Integration Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to start career.

Cons

Difficult to transfer between groups and this can limit career opportunities.

Advice to Management

Be more willing to move people to align with interests/opportunities and provide support/training to help w/ transition.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "Its a good place to work"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There's a lot of learning opportunities and flexibility to choose the Career Path. Enough guidance and support is available at all levels to excel in your career.

Cons

Few policies have flaw in it however due to the size of Organization there is always a challenge in taking corrective measures and implementing those.

Advice to Management

focus should be given more at providing growth plans to junior employees.

"Depends on where your role is."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Accenture isn't one company, you actually work for a whole bunch of different companies. So you can love accenture or hate accenture based on the huge variety of roles you could be placed in. Positive side, if your add, you get to switch professions all the time without having to switch companies. Traveling can be a perk unless you get stuck traveling to Akron, Ohio or something for 2 years. Morale budgets are gigantic so you get treated to lunch and happy hours a few times a week. And they don't short change you ever. They'll let you expense it if you can come up with any remotely valid reason for having it. Great pay, and the project I'm currently on i'm out of here every day by about 6pm(awesome). Good culture, surrounded by smart people.

Cons

The promotion process can be very hit or miss. You either get screwed or you get lucky. Some years only a few people get promoted, some years everyone gets a 20 percent raise.