Accenture - Promotion not based on knowlege, experiecne or contribution | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Promotion not based on knowlege, experiecne or contribution"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposure to different industries. Good training opportinities

Cons

Performance review system installed by the company is really horrible. It is totally subjective and biased. Working with a manager who is either frustrated or up for promotion can be a disaster. At the end of the day he/she can say anything about individual contributors and there is no system installed to cross check and validate any assertion by such individuals. I believe many will share my observations across the board. Good contributors and performers go without unnoticed and without getting rewarded while those who are good at pretending and talking loud with zero knowledge of specific task at hand often get rewarded and promoted. I have personally seen peoples assigned to a project with zero knowledge of what needs to be accomplished. All it takes is for that person to be a good pretender and get favored. If it continues like this, the issue will have compounding effect on Accenture and its clients.

Advice to Management

Most higher managers climbed the ladder by enforcing and implementing a horrible system installed by the company; as such providing input to here is worthless.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

"Excellent first job out of college"

Current Employee - Senior Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best people, good company, very laid back

Cons

Salary seems slightly below average

"Accenture has helped me to grow tremendously professionally and has helped me along my path to realizing full potential."

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Accenture's very fast-paced environment provides ample opportunities to push yourself beyond what you previously thought you were capable of, which definitely inspires confidence and increases performance dramatically over time.

Cons

The fast-paced environment is a double edged sword though, with a strong mentality of "up or out" within the consulting practice, it does cause a higher level of stress.