Accenture - Rapid growth opportunities ... provided you put in the hard work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Rapid growth opportunities ... provided you put in the hard work!"

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for Accenture for five and a half years in the Federal Services group. Many people will tell you that consulting in the Public Service sector gives you a better work/life balance than in the Commercial sector, and I found that to be true. My hours were typically limited to the weekdays (I can maybe recount one time I actually came into work on a weekend), but towards the end of my career, I was working 12-14 hour days.

Accenture is a great place "to launch a career". I found that when I produced quality work, my supervisors found ways to make my career grow. Going from Analyst to Manager in five and a half years is pretty good, by any consulting standard.

Cons

As you are rated against your peers, it can get very competitive, especially as you move up the company. Another issue I had was that I didn't like that I was often limited to working on the "big client accounts", and it was hard to find projects in spaces that I was really interested in (e.g. mobile).

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "Great career growth, but comes at a cost."

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Aggressive career growth for top performers. People work hard, and are rewarded by promotions. These can come quickly, but the pace for most is slowing down. Changes in scenery as you move to different clients, constant challenges and opportunities.

Cons

Travel can be a drag, pay is typically less than you'd make elsewhere. Plenty of long hours during "crunch time", but most projects are in a constant state of "crunch".

Advice to Management

There's just no reason to underpay, and fixing work-life balance should be more than lip-service.

2. "Great Learning"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Collaborative learning environment to begin career

Cons

Lomg hours, may involve a lot of travel