Accenture - Firm aligned well in current economic environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Firm aligned well in current economic environment"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management seems to be knowledgeable

Cons

Compensation is not as competitive as other firms in the market

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

"Expected to run before you can walk"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to rapidly build a network
    Great place to start a career: Analysts will get twice the experience in half the time compared to an entry-level job in industry
    Competitive salary, great vacation policy (if you can take it, of course), good benefits, big discount on ACN stock
    Plenty of happy hours and networking events
    Work hard/play hard culture is fun (if that's your thing)

Cons

Extremely political performance review process (and getting worse every year); who represents you matters far more than what you've accomplished
    Promotions getting scarcer and scarcer at lower levels
    Negligible cash bonuses
    Long hours (but no worse than any comparable firm)
    Deplorable managers at a project level (the most intelligent people seem to leave after 2-5 years)
    Very difficult to move to a different industry/client: your first project is usually arbitrary, yet you will be pushed by HR to continue working in that area regardless of your skills / career interests
    Internal staffing process is informal; i.e. you must find your own next project or HR will staff in a (likely) terrible role

Advice to Management

Add a 360 Review process! The performance review process has become comically political
    Clean house at the Manager and Sr. Manager levels
    Don't mislead recruits about the ability to "work on a diversity of clients and industry" and then turn around and force staff them in a testing role for 18 months (happened to many of my colleagues)
    Stop telling us how great our revenue, profits, and growth are while continuing to pay 1-2% bonuses and 2% raises.

"Rapid growth opportunities ... provided you put in the hard work!"

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for Accenture for five and a half years in the Federal Services group. Many people will tell you that consulting in the Public Service sector gives you a better work/life balance than in the Commercial sector, and I found that to be true. My hours were typically limited to the weekdays (I can maybe recount one time I actually came into work on a weekend), but towards the end of my career, I was working 12-14 hour days.

Accenture is a great place "to launch a career". I found that when I produced quality work, my supervisors found ways to make my career grow. Going from Analyst to Manager in five and a half years is pretty good, by any consulting standard.

Cons

As you are rated against your peers, it can get very competitive, especially as you move up the company. Another issue I had was that I didn't like that I was often limited to working on the "big client accounts", and it was hard to find projects in spaces that I was really interested in (e.g. mobile).