Accenture - Great People, Great culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Great People, Great culture"

Former Employee - Analyst in Singapore (Singapore)
Former Employee - Analyst in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to work on different projects, flexible on changing team/project/supervisors..
Get working experiene on large scale projects for different clients

Cons

Difficult to get placed into your first choice project as a fresh graduate.
Senior management is sales-oriented (similar to any other consulting firm)
Heavily rely on offshore team to cut cost

Advice to Management

Make better projections on what kind of technology/projects will be in demand for the next 2-3 years and then invest more to train the new joiners especially fresh graduates....

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "Bell Curve Only company."

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only best part is joining the company. They are in dire need to niche skills. Feel free to ask 100% raise. They have the money to give you. If you join at a high raise, be prepared that you will not get a raise of single penny for at least 3 years. You will definately be given CBPG rating and that means that salary will go down. You will only get Fied pay, no HSB and no variable. Getting CBPG rating means you cannot be promoted for the next 2 years. Hopefully you will get good rating in next 2 years (yeah right!).

Suggestion is to leave the company in 2 years and settle somewhere.

Cons

This company does one work and only work all through out the year. Appraisal. One of the Company's motto is "Best People", but they have only 10% best people (CVVT) rest are not best people.

Ratings once given is given and there is no grivience mechanism, there is no 360 degree feedback and thus whaever your manager does, it is fine for the company. Many companies have grown up to CMM level 5 in HR practices, but this is still a toddler.

Employee's performance is not rated as per his work, it is rated how other unrelated people in your groups performed. They believe that all team members in a groups cannot perform well. 10% people have to be rated bad no matter what.

Advice to Management

There can be no advice to communists.

2. "If you are a consultant, stay that way, don't get sucked in:"

Former Employee - Consultant in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great young motivated people to work with, awesome connections for your future.
    You move up fast.
    Good for your first job.

Cons

If you already have 3-5 years work experience, this is not the place for you.
    The ladder you climb is very clear, but did not motivate me to keep working harder. Compensation and benefits are poor. Salary is awful.
    If you work in a third world country, there is a chance they are paying you 1/10 what your first world country peer is being paid for the same task... AND you probably are a graduate that speaks two or three languages. If you are smart, you'll go to work in a smaller local firm that does the same and make a difference/add value there.

Advice to Management

Most of your employees rotate too fast and get tired of their jobs easily. People KNOW that you pay them U$S 700 a month for doing what you do for 5 or 6 times more back home. That is just an awful feeling, so I work the same as you and I get almost nothing in return?
    All the people that have left with me had one idea in mind: I'll open my own firm! And most of us did!