Accenture - Excellent People, Excellent Working Environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Excellent People, Excellent Working Environment."

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Management Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay (not the very best). great people, good opportunity, great company. They care about their employees, otherwise they do not have a business. They understand this and practice it.

Cons

You have to manage your career here or you may get stuck in a specific line of work that you do not like. But if you speak up and manage your career it is no big deal.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

"The grass IS greener on the other side"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looks good on the resume, may be able to get on some good projects. You may pickup some valuable skills. Opportunity to network.

Cons

Highly underpaid, I switched to a boutique consulting company after a little over 2 years at Accenture and my pay skyrocketed ! I started at an entry level position at Accenture, and I knew I was being underpaid when I joined the company, but had no idea how underpaid I was. I don't think it's worth working for Accenture no matter where you are in you career. The hours are long and the pay is low, you can make a lot more money at smaller consulting firms (<100 people) and you won't have to give up your personal life. Oh and the travel requirement is ridiculous at Accenture with a 100% minimum requirement. A lot of consulting company's have realized that this leads to quick burnout, and have cut back their requirements from 20-50%. Advice for anyone going into the Solutions Workforce - Don't do it! You will do the same job as consultants but get paid half of what consultants make. And the best thing is if you do get a project and start travelling - your pay will remain the same! And words for those in the Consulting workforce - you may think you hit it big and have now become hotshots - but you are being overworked and you are just in denial claiming that you don't mind the travel. I am earning 6 figures, and had I stayed in Accenture, it would have taken me another 5 years, with their ridiculous annual review process, to finally be promoted to a level where I earn what I earn today. The grass IS greener on the other side. Don't waste your life - move on!

Advice to Management

Streamline your workfoces, pay according to the industry, have a better performance review process, and seriously get rid of 100% travelling for your consultants - what the hell are you guys thinking?

2. "Positively challenging"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, challenges and support to overcome those

Cons

more competitive than necessary, can be more entrepreneurial

Advice to Management

None really