Accenture - Accenture is a large company with a variety of opportunity, in which a self-driven professional may thrive. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Accenture is a large company with a variety of opportunity, in which a self-driven professional may thrive."

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people; high integrity; fair compensation; solid training. The company has a wide range of opportunity for self driven and persistent individuals. In the places I have worked since, I have yet to find the consistent level of professional integrity I saw in my peers and management at Accenture.

Cons

Long hours; regular travel to sometimes mundane locations.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "Worked my way into a specialization without having prior experience."

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work with some great people. Travel can be beneficial (keep hotel and airline points). Compensation is pretty good, but not the best in the industry.

Cons

Hours can be too much. Aggressive timelines (in pursuit of margin) are created without regards to those who do the actual work.

Advice to Management

Some long hours are understandable, but if an entire project is long hours you will lose employees.

2. "Company Benefit over Resource Needs"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best way to start your professional career. If you are just graduating, I highly recommend working here as you get exposure / connections to the best and brightest companies. You learn quickly

Cons

The company claims to have concern about their resources. Here are a few examples where it did not show through: I was placed in their Telecommunications Industry, but i wanted to move to their media sector. Four years later, still didn't happen. I wanted to stop traveling every week, four years later, still didn't happen.

Advice to Management

When demanding a lot of your employees (travel, long hours, tedious work), make sure to listen to their needs.