Accenture - Enterprise Workforce | Glassdoor

"Enterprise Workforce"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

WFH and other modified work week options
401K match
great training and professional development budget
interesting work
cutting edge technologies
great people
very professional

Cons

Internal US positions moving overseas. If you aren't client facing.
ultra competitive and demanding YE review and ranking

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "Amazing Place to Work - Just Keep a Bag Packed"

Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Accenture is one of the most diverse and collaborative companies I've seen. On any given day I will be on the phone with professionals from Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia. Accenture is one of the most respected management consulting firms globally, and having your name on an Accenture business card immediately grants you a level of respect and recognition that goes beyond what an MBA from any university would.

Accenture is the first place where I have been surrounded with colleagues and peers that I feel are as smart and motivated as I am, which is truly a refreshing change. I've had the opportunity to travel throughout Europe and India with the firm and have been offered the chance to work overseas.

The benefits and comp are excellent, and there are practically infinite opportunities to move into different areas of the firm. Accenture encourages remote work, meaning when I am not on the road I work from home most days.

Cons

Accenture began as an SI firm, and our offerings into other competencies such as management consulting, BPO and AO came later. Because of the sheer scale of each of these offerings it is often difficult to define a cohesive go-to-market plan.

Constant travel can wear you down, especially if you have a family. It's depressing when you realize that you know more about the concierge at the Westin than you do about your neighbors!!

There are enough people at all levels that are willing and eager to put in 60-80 hour weeks that it's sometimes tough to strike a good work/life balance. Depending on the projects you end up staffed on the review process can either favor or hurt you irrespective of your contributions.

Our bench is always super thin. Getting enough resources to staff projects is a constant headache.

Our ads are super boring when compared to IBM's.

Advice to Management

Increase bench depth in key positions. Improve transparency in review process. Clarify our go-to-market strategies and marketing efforts, and try to go at least six months without a reorganization. :)

"Great company with tremendous growth opportunity - significant improvements in the last year."

Current Employee - Accenture Credit Services in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Accenture Credit Services in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive leadership, rewards and recognition
    Acquisition of Mortgage Cadence technology
    Invest in training people and developing careers
    Multiple clients offer opportunity to learn new systems

Cons

Still blending Accenture culture with mortgage industry culture

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee engagement