Accenture - Good experience for a large company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Good experience for a large company"

Former Employee - Delivery Lead in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Delivery Lead in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined ACN through acquisition, so I had the experience of being in my role at both a 3K person company and 250K+ ACN. Being that large has it's benefits because when you're part of a quarter million person organization, you have the resources of a quarter million person organization. There were many opportunities to learn about any topic, category, industry area that you like. You just had to put forth the time and effort. After leaving, I've been very impressed with how engaged they stay with their alumni, keeping them plugged into events, conferences, studies, etc.

Cons

Being part of a quarter million person company, feels like you're one in a quarter million person company. What is a positive is also a challenge. The amount process we had to go through to do something as post a position for a backfill took 3-4x longer at ACN than my prior employer. When I left, the primary reason was that as a delivery lead, I felt that I spent the prior year not doing as much true 'work' but being more of a middle person and information mover.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "It all depends on your project..."

Former Employee - Change Management Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Change Management Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Accenture can be a good way to gain industry knowledge in a short period of time. There are a lot of internal resources that you can access in your free time.

Cons

No matter what they tell you during recruiting, your experience will all depend on the project you get staffed on. They can promise work/life balance, etc. but you have no recourse when the SE on your project says otherwise. If you are an "experienced hire" i.e., older than 32, be prepared to be managed and evaluated by someone considerably younger than you.
    Evaluation/Promotion processes are very political and you will have to do all kinds of time-consuming "extracurricular" work if you want advance.
    People come and go with alarming frequency.

"Good salary, long hours, model that does not value loyalty"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good compensation, however as you gain years with the company the compensation decreases because they focus on hiring experienced professionals and giving them top dollar. The culture is good and the people you work with are also generally good...good upwards mobility

Cons

High attrition/strategy that does not support long term loyal employees
    Lots of travel/ poor work life balance
    Feeling as though you are just a number to them

Advice to Management

Build better strategy to reward those who do a good job and excel