Accenture - Good experience for a large company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Good experience for a large company"

Former Employee - Delivery Lead in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Delivery Lead in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined ACN through acquisition, so I had the experience of being in my role at both a 3K person company and 250K+ ACN. Being that large has it's benefits because when you're part of a quarter million person organization, you have the resources of a quarter million person organization. There were many opportunities to learn about any topic, category, industry area that you like. You just had to put forth the time and effort. After leaving, I've been very impressed with how engaged they stay with their alumni, keeping them plugged into events, conferences, studies, etc.

Cons

Being part of a quarter million person company, feels like you're one in a quarter million person company. What is a positive is also a challenge. The amount process we had to go through to do something as post a position for a backfill took 3-4x longer at ACN than my prior employer. When I left, the primary reason was that as a delivery lead, I felt that I spent the prior year not doing as much true 'work' but being more of a middle person and information mover.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "Great Job for recent grads"

Former Intern - Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accenture as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is top notch and the people are great. Great experience into the consulting world.

Cons

Depending on what projects you get, the perks can sometimes outweigh the actual project.

Advice to Management

Sponsor graduate degrees

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Underwriter II in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Underwriter II in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Accenture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Accenture is a solid global company with strong financials. The training program is great and the company seems efficient in delivery to customers. I had hoped to develop my career there.

Cons

The company laid me off after losing a contract only four months into my career. They convinced me to move my family and helped me envision a long and prosperous career, then they dropped me and my colleagues after losing the contract we were working on. If you choose to work for them, make sure to have a back up plan.

Advice to Management

I have a soured view of Accenture. You laid me off after only four months and therefore I cannot qualify for unemployment at a time when my industry is shrinking, it's Q4 and jobs are scarce, and you convinced me to move which estranged me from my support base and professional network. You didn't trust me to gather my own things when I left, and you prohibited my colleagues from having any contact with me after I left. It turns out that the whole process is unethical and unprofessional and the company truly doesn't adhere to it's core values.