Accenture - Experienced hires have very, very difficult time acclimating unless they've grown up in Big 4 environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Experienced hires have very, very difficult time acclimating unless they've grown up in Big 4 environment"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some areas are very strategic in approach - which is why they are steady stock.
Work from home, smart people, excellent benefits (PTO, 401(k), health, etc.), decent salary.

Hard to say if I'd recommend to employer so left that button undone. As a young professional just staring out, I'd say grab this opportunity and learn as much as you can. It's a great place to make connections and learn, learn, learn. As an experienced hire - it is a very dramatic culture shock. Would I return? I don't think so. But the right person/background could make a great success here.

Cons

Reorganization should be done for the purpose of advancement of goals, not because it's been 18 months and let's shake things up.
Work from home culture enables people to be more aggressive and hide behind the computer/phone. They can become abusive and many "leaders" do nothing to halt that behavior because the abusers are "high performers" and therefore untouchables. Makes for a very uncomfortable environment.
Not enough willingness to dare to be different. Too much structure kills the edge.
Opportunity to move around organization can be limited. There are perceived notions of what is a "power" role and what is not.

Advice to Management

Shake things up by being creative and truly innovative - not just using the words. Remember the cobblers children have no shoes? It's the same with Accenture.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "Miss this place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Great Co-Workers
    - Open to new ideas
    - Travel
    - Fun Projects

Cons

- Disorganized at times
    - Needed more team building activities to encourage us to work together

Advice to Management

Make yourselves more approachable.

"Ultra professional...equally demanding"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great network. Professional. Good salary. Work from home option is great for work/life balance.

Cons

Intense workload. Demanding superiors. 15 hour days are expected. Not a lot of training. Left to your own devices to figure everything out.

Advice to Management

Add more and better training.