Accenture - The best organization to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"The best organization to work for"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training Opportunities
Career Mobility
Encouraging leadership
Available senior technical career path
A Network to find projects when one ended

Cons

Financial growth beyond initial salary is more role change driven.
Each project change is like finding a new job, sometimes challenging

Advice to Management

Need to somehow change the mindset that everyone in the organization is competing with themselves. Once once gets high enough that attitude relaxes. I found that if I wasn't angling for my next role upgrade, i was able to do my work well.
The senior leadership do a great job in keeping everyone target oriented. It would be great if it percolated into the operational leadership at project level early in their careerr.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

"Very difficult to switch into different groups and often got stuck on projects too long."

Former Employee - Technology Consulting Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Technology Consulting Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent place to start a career in terms of pay, access to senior leadership and some learning opportunities.

Cons

Very poor alignment of interests and projects. Hard to get off of projects that were unappealing (especially if the client liked you).

Advice to Management

More flexibility in terms of giving people projects that align with interests / skills. That will be the only way you retain talent long term.

"Get ready to roll the dice"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great career model allows for a fast track to management if you are a top performer.
    Tons of training available along with mentorship to help you advance
    Great benefits & the compensation is good if you are in consulting
    Super flexible work hours and a focus on work/life balance (You still work 50 hours or so but you can space that out to make time for the things that matter most in your life).
    Really fun people to work with and great atmosphere even in the midst of crunch time

Cons

As a software engineer I don't understand how anyone stays here longer than 2 years. The starting salary is nowhere even close to the market value and the PTO is 1/2 that of the other internal workforces. But in general, it's tough to give a fair review because every client you go to works out differently. You might end up on a project with really challenging work and cutting edge technologies or you might end up on a project that is slow paced and pedantic. You are truly rolling the dice when looking for your next project because what is discussed initially in interviews (to get on a project) is not always what you get once you roll onto the project.
    -Consultant is just a fancy word for contractor, and as such you may end up at some pretty cool client sites but with no access to any of the perks or entertainment you are surrounded with. You are basically a 2nd class citizen for the rest of your stay.

Advice to Management

Pay your programmers & analysts more or they are going to leave. This may mean recruiting less or making the interviews tougher (I wrote no code in my interviews) but I truly believe that Accenture is too great a company to be used only as a stepping stone.