Accenture - I really enjoyed working here. Great people, good perks, interesting work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"I really enjoyed working here. Great people, good perks, interesting work."

Current Employee - IT Strategy Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - IT Strategy Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. People - maybe I got lucky, but I have been surrounded by nice, intelligent, hard working people. From several years of working here I only me 1 person I did not like.
2. Dynamic work - if you work in strategy, you bounce around clients and get to see many different environments and learn about different aspects of IT in a way you may not have considered before.
3. Stay West - a pilot that keeps west coast people on the west coast. Of the several years here, I only spent 6 months flying to another city/state. That's right, almost all of my work has been on Bay Area clients.

Cons

1. It's a public company, so it feels the pressure from shareholders unlike many of our competitors. Unfortunately some things, like team building and investing in your people (with more than offsite training, which is still good) have gone by the way side.
2. Because it is a public company, much of senior managers and junior "partners" are busy selling. Problem is, strategy projects are small, so you have strategy folks being forced to sell IO/AO work to make the numbers.
3. Performance review process is, as always, skewed towards brown nosers and people who spend forever on a client (so, not strategy folks). If you're not a social butterfly and are in strategy, it may take some time until you get the bonus. Hard work is recognized, but not as much as it should be.

Advice to Management

Your people are what makes your company. So, why not invest in them? Why not build a community around the office and encourage Sr. Managers and MDs to mentor and form closer relationships / mentorships with consultants? You won't be able to sustain the growth if you don't develop talent. Also, fix performance reviews. Skewed towards non-strategy folks who stay on clients forever.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

"Software engineer"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is easy and not much pressure. Good for some one could not load a job after graduation.

Cons

You won't improve yourself in this company. Try to learn as much as you can on your own.

Advice to Management

Management is very poor.

"Accenture employees thrive in a Sink or Swim Environment"

Former Employee - Analyst in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Miami, FL

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of Mentoring, Lots of Networking Opportunities

Cons

Stay on the good side of anyone you work with...you never know who you will work with again.