Accenture - All very diverse individuals, but like minded (type A) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"All very diverse individuals, but like minded (type A)"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great reputation, great spring board, great vacation time

Cons

As analyst or consultants, you have a short life expectancy aka burn out likely, very young / immature crowd. Your colleagues social life is their colleagues which means they don't mind staying longer. With this mentality going into a deliverable, be prepared to have to stay late too.

All roles are testers or programmers... very high demand and little for business roles

Advice to Management

promote people with good management skills, not just technical skills. A manager doesn't need to know the very technical aspects of systems integration - that's the analysts job. I have been burned many times because my manager is less experienced in management than I am. This leads to a ton of rework and lack of communication because they want to save face. If you can't trust the analysts because they are new, then you need to train more, or get the right people on the bus who you CAN trust.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "Good people, good process, disconnected leadership!"

Former Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to grow if you are willing to work hard; I got 2 promotions within a short time.

Cons

Leadership is disconnected with what's going on below senior manager. Retention issues.

Advice to Management

Find the truth out yourself; not just what people say. Organizational health is very important.

2. "Relationship-based organizational structure"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High quality people, culture and values built on strong internal relationships and community. Accenture employees starting at the analytst and consultant levels have unparalleled professional tenure

Cons

One of the highest attrition for more senior staff, it is difficult for experienced hires to assimilate into highly relationship-based organizational structure.We senior leadership providing organizational direction and growth-strategy;

Advice to Management

management is pigeonholed at the account level, inventive structures are not implemented, nor are investment budgets, and leadership does not provide the necessary infrastructure for future leaders to thrive.Model the way, Enable others to act, work smarter to increase organizational success opposed to fragmented account team success strategies.