Accenture - Great People, Pay Could be Better | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Great People, Pay Could be Better"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people of Accenture. I've made some solid friends here and I generally don't mind working late hours beside people I actually like. Office culture is project-dependent, but if you work at Headquarters, dress is relatively formal. The organization is huge, but feels relatively horizontal. Everyone is on a first name basis. Work-life balance has been good in my experience. The amount of time one has available to pursue leisure activities will ebb and flow depending on the needs of his/her project and role.

Cons

The laddering/performance rating process is a crap shoot. If you start at the wrong time of year, you're screwed. If you have a career counselor who doesn't advocate for you, you're screwed. If your boss just doesn't like you, you're screwed. Compensation is lacking relative to other firms and year on year raises are low. However, promotions mean a significant bump in pay. Training used to be good, but they've cut back significantly.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "It is what it is"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Accenture as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fact Pace, lots of work, establishes you as a working consultant . Looks good on a CV. You always know who you are working for.

Cons

Advancement can be difficult, you are just a cog in a huge wheel. Organizational resistance to change

"The best people, culture with no room for growth"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I met some of the best people and made life long friends at Accenture. I had an opportunity to develop my technical skills which has helped make me very marketable.

Cons

Once an EA always an EA. No matter how much I took on; or how hard I worked I just couldn't get out of the EA role. I worked really long hours/weekends stretching my self to the max but with no luck.

Advice to Management

Keep your prized employees and fight for them! There are just too many people just barely getting by and getting paid higher with higher levels than the ones going above and beyond. Also, the pay especially for EAs is not up to par with other companies. The ability to work from home on occasion is priceless - don't take that away! Work/Life balance was always at the top of list for Accenture.