Accenture - Accenture - Great Place to Work and have a Career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Accenture - Great Place to Work and have a Career"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Great people, exciting work, strong leadership and opportunties for growth. Accenture has been a great place to work for my 10+ years with the firm. I would strongly recommend Accenture to anyone who wants a great job.

Cons

Work/Life Balance is hard to balance with out of town projects sometimes anywhere in the world.

Advice to Management

No advice at this time.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "Accenture effectively supports career and professional growth, but not always compensation increases"

Current Employee - Systems Integration Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Accenture culture is focused on collaboration and delivery value to our clients. The people who work here are motivated, talented and, for the most part, easy to get along with. Accenture is tied more closely to the delivery of systems integration projects, but has strong skills in technology, management and strategy consulting which are often overlooked.

Cons

Accenture's business model had depended on hiring individuals out of undergraduate universities and growing their skills and experiences over time. However, that growth has come at the cost of commensurate compensation increase in recent years. The company is built upon this model but the salary gap between "home grown" executives and experienced hire executives is becoming larger and larger.

Advice to Management

As an individual who has consistently been rated in the top 5 or 25% over his career, yet still falls in the lowest salary zone by level, I am simply not motivated to continue to perform and deliver value as I have in the past. And to see Senior Managers consistently passed over for Senior Executive promotion while SE new hires are becoming more common place does not help either. The incentive to sustain a career at Accenture is simply not there and the best option for most is to leave with the option of being hired back at a substantial premium.

2. "Great work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Management very supportive and respectful of their employees. Understanding about work/life balance as well. I have never had any issues getting time off when needed.

Cons

I do not like the performance appraisal process. Very lengthy and everyone's reviews are due at one time of the year. If you are over a large team, it can be overwhelming.

Advice to Management

I have respect for the leadership at Accenture and feel as if I can approach any of them. I also feel they are very respectful to their employees.