Accenture - Accenture REALLY is a great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Accenture REALLY is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Accenture is a world class company in my opinion. There is no company I can think of (even the other large consulting firms) where I would be provided a diverse a range of opportunities (industry, technology, process, strategy, etc), and know that I represent a company who ranks at the very top of service in each of these areas. The network is amazing. Even the people you rarely interact with are available to provide assistance in their respective SME areas, and assist in making both you and the company successful as we position ourselves to design and implement world class solutions of all sorts. Whether you are looking for a long term career or somewhere to grow your toolset and be exposed to a number of different business experiences quickly, Accenture is a great place to work. I plan on staying here for the foreseeable future, and have worked hard to assist my friends in joining a company I think takes very good care of its top tier of performers. Sky is the limit. It will obviously require some hard work, and dedication; however, if you are willing to give it your all Accenture really will provide great rewards (all around) in return.

Cons

The only real downsides I see with the company as a whole relative to other consulting firms are its size, and occasional bureaucracy. You need to be willing to navigate many elements of your own career. While Accenture gives you all the tools you need to solicit support (e.g., career counselors, mentors, training, etc), your counselor and mentors all have multiple people they support and a full time job as a consultant; therefore, while they will be willing to help - you need to be able to communicate your needs, and be ready to implement their advice individually. The size can be overwhelming at times, and add the complexity it getting certain things accomplished; however, it is this same size that provides many of the great strategic advantages we bring to the table, and are rewarded by individual in terms of our network, etc. Salaries are sometimes slightly less than competitors; however, I think we have been working to close that gap, and the added experiential benefits (from my perspective) far outweigh the opportunity for a few thousand extra dollars in salary.

Advice to Management

My only advice is to continue working to find meaningful ways to reward our top (and consistent) performers. In order to continue our strong growth and performance we need to ensure our ability to attract and retain the best people.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "Fun, Great Career Launcher, But Sometimes A Bit Boring"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA

Pros

The best thing about working for Accenture is the great amount of knowledgeable people you work with and the variety of opportunities to be found within one company. It is also a great resume builder as it is a very well known and respected company.

Cons

Sometimes the company is more concerned with head count for a project instead of what is delivered, sometimes causing the hiring of a lot of incompetent people trying to work with technology that they do not have a proficiency for. This leads to a major degradation in the delivered product and questions of ethics. Also, promotions will be given based off not only hard work, but schmoozing as well.

Advice to Management

Become a bit more strict in your hiring process. This will allow you to weed out more of the folks who aren't meant to be in the industry and allow you to pay the people you want more.

"6 months in - love the work/life balance"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great work life balance.
    PTO includes sick + time off.
    As analyst you get about 24 days PTO + 9 holidays + 1 floating holiday.
    Also, employees working for 6 months may work from home 1 day per pay period and employees working 1+ years may work from home 1 day a week. (this may only be in my area) But peers have said they also have flexibility to work from home early on.

The people are young and there are a lot of opportunities to network at fun outside work events - especially happy hours. The working from home and outside events keep employee morale high.

They tell you early on your career path and the time it takes to be promoted from analyst to specialist to manager.

Changes/advances in technology and policy seem to come quickly.

Small but nice - ice + cold water dispenser, iced tea, hot chocolate, and coffee all provided with all beverage accessories on every floor. They also provide cups, plates, utensils, napkins etc. Just kind of nice...

I have received good feedback on a few occasions- in addition an award system is in place in which points can be used to purchase a wide variety of cool stuff like playstation games or anything you could think of.

A good summer intern program allows college students to experience as an analyst for a summer.

Cons

My area has a monthly cycle. When things are slow - they are really slow.
    The pay could be better - however I have yet to receive my first performance review/salary increase/bonus so I can't really describe that.
    The performance reviews are based on a "bureaucracy" meaning they judge you on how well you do in comparison to other ppl in your position. Since there are many contracts with different amounts of consulting and outsourcing I think this makes it more difficult to access people on the same scale.

Advice to Management

Continue to pass down Changes/advances in technology and policy in the same quick manor.
    Continue intern program.