Accenture - Good company to start at. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Good company to start at."

Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

Competitive entry level salary. Good atmosphere and camaraderie. Possible to be in a range of roles and industries. The company is fairly supportive of its employees when it comes to career goals and other big picture things (time off, family etc.).

Cons

Pay increases and bonuses are not great. Hours can be a bit long. There is no true management consulting arm. It's merely a front for the IT consulting (Accenture's core competency).

Advice to Management

In general management is running the company well. The review process is a bit shaky since you depend heavily on a bunch of senior management that may not know you at all.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "Burn-out"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Accenture is a difficult place to work. You will be surrounded by smart people and the training opportunities are decent. There are a variety of interesting projects to choose from.

Cons

Burn-out!! Accenture is extremely short-staffed and rather than hiring more people they're making existing employees do the work of 2 or 3 people. Also, if you're an experienced hire, your ideas won't be valued in the same way as the people who came in straight out of college. The culture at Accenture is horrible, morale is lower than at any company I've ever worked at. Also, they are just about the cheapest company I have ever encountered.

Advice to Management

You say that people are your most valuable asset, you should start acting in a way that demonstrates that. If you want good people to stay, pay competitively and stop burning your people out.

2. "Great place, terrific culture, challenging projects, dislike my pay"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

- challenging projects
    - brilliant teams
    - robust knowledge sharing
    - excellent training
    - independent working style
    - reputable company
    - top of the line networking/social activites
    - top grade work/life balance
    - tons of vacation time (I have 5 wks per yr - consultant level
    - values junior resources

Cons

- compensation (Accenture will not negotiate - my process consisted of 4wks back & forth. I ended up taking a pay cut because I really wanted the opportunity)
    I'm happy nonetheless

Advice to Management

pay your staff more - retention would be MUCH better.