Accenture - Well-structured and organized company, but weekly travel became exhausting | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Well-structured and organized company, but weekly travel became exhausting"

Former Employee - User Experience Consultant in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - User Experience Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

- Very open communication from all levels management
- Good variety of work in different industry sectors
- Little micromanaging - I had the ability to define and influence my own role on projects - though this could be a con for some folks who are more junior and would like more guidance
- Very clear career path - up or out is exactly what it is.

Cons

- Travel was relentless and exhausting. It's a very difficult lifestyle if you're older and in a relationship and/or have children.
- Many senior folks seemed to live in an Accenture vacuum - spoke in acronyms and were more focused on the Accenture process than really understanding a client's business.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "Long Days and Living out of a Suitcase"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Training, Pedegree, Experience, Industries, teams

Cons

to much micromanagement from leadership

Advice to Management

Have faiththat the teams can do the jobs you're paying them to do

"Overmanaged by a "puppy pound" of kids with an over inflated sense of self worth"

Former Employee - Contractor to Accenture in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Contractor to Accenture in Washington, DC

Pros

The hire very attractive young girls. Itinially easy to steer toward the correct course of action until they have been on the project for a few months and start to "think" they are an expert. Fun to hang out with at the multiple project events all on the customers dime.

Cons

I have been an SAP consultant for over 15 years and have been on multiple projects with Accenture. Everyone I have been on has the same MO. 25 year old "managers" who seem to buy into the hype that they are the best and brightest in the industry. For a 25 year old that may be true, but that is the problem, I dont think I have ever met a "Manager" over 35. For those that are they quickly leave, because they dont drink the Accenture "kool-Aid" and when they try to constructively improve processes, they are basically told to shutup and Toe the line. Accenture is notorious for staffing project with inexperienced young consultants and over inflating their experience to the client. More experience = more $$$s. They also put these consultants on a project as a green horn, move them around within the project with different responsibilities and then within a year roll them to another project and sell them as "Experts" in that area. Again more experience = more $$$s. Its a joke and quite frankly dishonest.
    If you are a consultant-take heed. When you are on an Accenture project, understand that they are going to try to work you as much as they get forces to work, yet dont expect to get paid for the OT hours. Again, this practice is actually illegal, yet if you dont work the hours and make yourself available 24-7 then expect to not be around long. I consistently have worked 60 hrs a week on their projects and gotten paid for 40 and their policy was "oh well". The poor Accenture consultants have to work it to move up the ladder, but Idont.
    My major complaint is that Accenture never works for the Client. They do "everything" based on how they think it will further their career within the "Firm". The approach is never what is best for the project and the customer, but what is going to impress my career counselor when I have my yearly review. Every bad decision is made by Accenture, every good action is always done by the experts (consultants) who are on the project. I refer to the ACN consultants as "The Puppy Pound". They come bounding up to the true SAP consultants, ask how to do something in SAP, go bounding off like a little puppy, give the answer to the customer and pass it off as if they came up with the answer. It really is a cult, so just expect to be frustrated with the ideolagy if you work for them

Advice to Management

Nothing. This work structure is part of the Accenture culture and will never change. At least until customers stop giving them contracts because they have figured out that it is run by inexperienced Managers with an overinflated sense of self worth. Word to the wise. I have seen the customers over the years starting to realize this and ACN is going to start losing contracts because of it.