Accenture - Great company, lots to offer the talented people, as long as you have the energy to keep charging ahead | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

"Great company, lots to offer the talented people, as long as you have the energy to keep charging ahead"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

1) Maximum flexibility in my job - I am able to work at home or at Accenture's offices around the bay area.
2) Great people - i have found my colleagues to be very committed to helping us grow as a company.
3) Great training opportunities - hundreds of online courses that we can take anytime, and many live courses that help us develop new skills.
4) Once you have been there a few years and people get a sense of what you can do, opportunities abound.

Cons

1) We are a huge company - 180,000 - and you need strong communication capabilities to get noticed.
2) You have to be a bit pushy to compete with all the Type A personalities in Accenture.

Advice to Management

Continue to reach out to the local organizations, and make sure you dedicate some time to meet people in the far flung locations (like San Francisco and Los Angeles).

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. "Good place to be associated with, if you can tolerate the work environment."

Former Employee - Level C in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Level C in Reston, VA

Pros

Accenture apparently has a great reputation for hiring the best people. I'm not sure how this is perceived throughout varying industries. However, the Accenture name is well-known, possibly due to one of their major endorsements.

Cons

The biggest downside to working at Accenture was the lack of training for inexperienced managers and leaders. There was little focus in this area and as a result, a lot of people get really unfair treatment.

Advice to Management

I would really encourage management to focus on training and development of talent. Although there are a lot of smart people within the organization, people skills seem to be lacking, throughout.

2. "High Performance"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Excellent career growth
    Technically strong people
    Amazing leadership

Cons

Too big a company so you have to strive really really hard to make your work noticeable to Sr. Mgmt
    Since it is such a big company you will notice people who are not competent being promoted to your peers or above.

Advice to Management

Bill Green's strategic vision needs to be pushed down to every single people in the project or unit.
    Training is very important for the current work and employee's satisfaction so 2 weeks of mandatory training must be enforced.
    Class room or vendor based trainings must be provided for employees who are interested.