Acceptance Now - Love it | Glassdoor

"Love it"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant
Current Employee - Sales Assistant

I have been working at Acceptance Now full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay affords me to support myself, I choose my schedule most of the time, enless opprtunities to move up, regular raises.

Cons

Pay could be better for the workload, constant annoyance either with the customers we harass for payment or the customers who whine because they didn't use their adult brains to read the contract they signed with their adult, free-willing hand, and now they feel swindled.
Well I bet the companies you screwed over who gave you credit in the feel swindled as well. At least you have a chance to fix your credit now and you've got nice furniture to show for your efforts to get it right this time, instead of just dropping money into a financial institution who's "helping you" with no new furniture in your house to show for it. At least we know karma exists to an extent because the lease fees may be high if you go the full contract term, but you should just think of it as paying your dues for the times your were trusted in the past, and didn't keep your end of the bargain.

Advice to Management

Offer more inexpensive benefits. Find better ways to see where the employees are struggling to meet YOUR standards, and then help them fix it instead of just lecturing and making threats without any ideas or assistance.

Other Employee Reviews for Acceptance Now

1. "Not family friendly"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Acceptance Now full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Decent bonus opportunities; depending on location
    - Growing company, nationwide growth
    - Decent support structure within and outside the company; Management, host stores, etc.

Cons

- Lots of hours needed to get decent paychecks
    - Small staff; not much flexibility in schedule
    - Not many opportunities for advancement (Despite what is said)

Advice to Management

- Be ready for lots of SOP's and collection/sales targets
    - Be ready to be moved to several different stores before getting an opportunity to advance

2. "What have you done for me lately...."

I have been working at Acceptance Now full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, automatic raises. They do match 401k, and have an employee purchase program.

Cons

Long hours, lack of decent management, lack of training to advance. Need to update infrastructural to eliminate unnecessary paperwork and double work.

Advice to Management

You should just look at numbers and think you have the whole story. Treat people with a little respect and maybe they'll stick around more than one year. The work life balance is not happening at all.