AccessData - Overall good experience. Great group of energetic and passionate software engineers, but poor compensation over time. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AccessData

"Overall good experience. Great group of energetic and passionate software engineers, but poor compensation over time."

Former Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Lindon, UT
Former Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Lindon, UT

I worked at AccessData full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun yet productive environment.
Lots of talented and experienced software engineers.
Good direction and foresight.

Cons

Poor work/life balance.
Poor communication and feedback from management.

AccessData really needs to have annual evaluations of employees and include compensation reviews. They have no formal way of offering raises. I went for 2 years without getting a raise and had very little feedback on my performance. In fact, I was told I would receive a raise within a couple months if I kept performing like I had been, but then 3 months later they went back on their agreement and couldn't tell me a reason why. Many of my coworkers had very similar experiences involving compensation and felt undervalued. After quitting I was able to easily find a new job that literally paid %80 higher, no exaggeration.

Advice to Management

Create some well defined metrics for measuring employee performance and at the very least do annual evaluations. Stop playing favorites with the employees that feed your egos. You assume too much about your top performers without actually having any real way to know who is performing well and who is not.

Other Employee Reviews for AccessData

"Experience at AccessData"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Orem, UT

I worked at AccessData full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast growing, they are staying at the top of the pile for the forensic market and could translate into reasonable job security and maybe stock options in the future

Cons

blighted by poor ideas of employee management and satisfaction, poor benefits and salary, internal politics and favoritism rule at this place to the extent that any growth opportunities are halted completely if you don't make the right connections and spend a fair amount of time sucking up to the bosses. Also firings are beginning to become commonplace

2. "AccessData"

Current Employee - Workflow/Resource Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Workflow/Resource Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at AccessData full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a growing company in a growing industry. Great potential if issues are resolved

Cons

Too sales oriented, not technological enough. Great forensic company. Development skill set lacking as is understanding of certain industries where they are trying to become market leaders.