Accruent - Nice place to work, talented group of people from top to bottom | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Accruent

"Nice place to work, talented group of people from top to bottom"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Accruent likes to hire people it identifies as HPLE, "High Potential, Low Experience". It's not easy to get a job here but once you do there are lots of opportunities for advancement. It's a great place to get experience, whether you're changing careers or looking for your first job. Seems like many non-entry level jobs are filled by promotion from within when possible. The company is growing like crazy which means lots of new positions opening up and numerous opportunities for promotion.

Cons

I can't really think of anything major to complain about. Like many small-ish companies, benefits are not as rich as some larger companies but they are quite good.

Advice to Management

Watch out for increasing turn over. When HPLEs get a couple of years of experience they will be in a position to shop around for significantly higher paying jobs. A 50% raise is very realistic and very tempting for many people.

Other Employee Reviews for Accruent

"Positive employee changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership team seems to be putting great emphasis on employee satisfaction and implementing new benefits. I am very pleased that Accruent cares for its employees and feel strongly about my commitment to them because of it.

Cons

Nothing to comment on at this time.

"A place to learn, grow, and be challenged while impacting an industry."

Former Employee - Program Manager, Engineering in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Program Manager, Engineering in Austin, TX

I worked at Accruent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for a place with a grand vision to get behind with a desire to change an industry and impact people in a positive way, then Accruent is a great place to be. The software you will be working to improve, implement, and support helps the largest companies around the globe manage their real estate and facilities better which saves them money and time.

If you're looking for a place worthy of your time and effort with the expectation to grow, learn, and build relationships then Accruent will deliver. It will be challenging, as software usually is, but the projects you will be involved in are difficult but can also result in a huge amount of learning opportunity and growth.

As a whole, the company is committed to this growth at personal and professional level for their employees. Commitment to improving the company by growing the employees starts at the top with Mark, the CEO and continues through the leadership team on down to the newest employees. My time there resulted in several development classes, mentoring from my peers as well as my manager, and many new and unique challenging opportunities to test my skills in the working environment.

This also leads to a fun culture and environment. Along with the focus on the employees comes the focus on the office itself and the environment. The office is open with plenty of light, plants, and color. The break room is great with lots of games and plenty of room. I really enjoyed the chance to play a game of ping pong with my coworkers over a break.

Cons

The aggressive growth of the product and company can lead to some challenging priorities and choices as everyone is pressed for time while trying to deliver on company commitments and objectives.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on your employees and challenge them while giving the valuable support and direction needed to succeed.