Accuray - Accuray - a good idea longing to become a real company | Glassdoor

"Accuray - a good idea longing to become a real company"

Former Employee - Director in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Accuray

Pros

The technology is good, people are open and friendly. Their service organization stands out as one of the most level headed management teams I have seen. Sales and Marketing are a joke. Engineering has a lot of good people just mismanaged due to the absence of a real product roadmap. Manufacturing is still in the early 1900's.

Cons

C-Level management is detached from employee base. Communication is poor to non-existent. Highly hierarchical culture where VP Level and above employees behave like they can get away with murder and almost always do. Extremely top heavy, when I left (Fall 2008) there was 1 executive (director level and above) for every 4 employees at the manager level and below. Lack of fundamental processes (Product LIfeCycle Management,...

Advice to Management

Recognize that the people who took the company public cannot manage it as a public company and will inevitably fail. The company needs to bring in professional managers and replace the people currently at the C-Level (CFO already gone, good start) and VP Level. Mid level management is actually OK, just too many of them.

Accuray2008-11-04
  1. "Making the right changes"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Director

I have been working at Accuray full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding technology that can make an impact on patients, great people working with you and driving to the same goal of fighting cancer, management seems to be listening, making hard choices to do the right thing and keep the company going in the right direction. This may not have been true in the past but definitely seems the case as of the past 6 -12 months.

Cons

The underdog (I like that - only the scrappy and extremely perseverant need apply). Also fighting against huge inertia of old perceptions of company and technology in the market - most people I talk to haven’t heard about updates the company has made for more than 7-10 years.

Advice to Management

Keep up the efforts to listen to your teams about what is going on and moving forward. I feel like we’re on the right track.

Accuray2019-07-18
  2. "Good Pay and great perks"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at Accuray full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Get to work from home and pay is pretty good. Can mostly set you own schedule.

Cons

Sometimes have to work late and on some weekends.

Advice to Management

Listen to what FSEs have to say.

Accuray2019-06-21

Discover more reviews about Accuray.