Accuray - Making a difference matters! | Glassdoor

"Making a difference matters!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at Accuray full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company is currently transitioning to a matrix style "adult" company after the Accuray-TomoTherapy merger where both were still running as start ups. Lots of growing pains but also lots of opportunity. Everyone knows they are making a difference and has kept me through even the worst times with this company. Overall, its the people who make a good place to work and there are some of the best here.

Cons

There are still a few very toxic managers left and its taking too long to get them out. Cutting to profitability never works but they keep trying. Partly due to how FDA regulates medical devices but also partly due to executive ignorance, but the company still does not have a handle on managing/planning software products - its gotten a lot better but this growing pain is pretty painful. Change is happening but its slow,...

Advice to Management

Look into your micro-managing front line managers and remove them, they are toxic to a good culture. Continue to care and try.

Accuray2016-07-13
  1. "Making the right changes"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Director

I have been working at Accuray full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding technology that can make an impact on patients, great people working with you and driving to the same goal of fighting cancer, management seems to be listening, making hard choices to do the right thing and keep the company going in the right direction. This may not have been true in the past but definitely seems the case as of the past 6 -12 months.

Cons

The underdog (I like that - only the scrappy and extremely perseverant need apply). Also fighting against huge inertia of old perceptions of company and technology in the market - most people I talk to haven’t heard about updates the company has made for more than 7-10 years.

Advice to Management

Keep up the efforts to listen to your teams about what is going on and moving forward. I feel like we’re on the right track.

Accuray2019-07-18
  2. "Good Pay and great perks"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at Accuray full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Get to work from home and pay is pretty good. Can mostly set you own schedule.

Cons

Sometimes have to work late and on some weekends.

Advice to Management

Listen to what FSEs have to say.

Accuray2019-06-21

Discover more reviews about Accuray.