Accuray - Great mission but very top heavy | Glassdoor

"Great mission but very top heavy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I worked at Accuray

Pros

Having to chance to work with brilliant and creative people working together to cure cancer was life changing.

Cons

Once Accuray acquired TomoTherapy the collaborative culture at TomoTherapy was completely wiped out. Accuray is a very top-heavy company which seemed to have little appreciation for the work of the talented and dedicated people that designed and built the TomoTherapy machine.

Advice to Management

Have the Madison site be your main headquarters and reduce the headcount in Sunnyvale.

Accuray2016-08-24
  1. "Making the right changes"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Director

I have been working at Accuray full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding technology that can make an impact on patients, great people working with you and driving to the same goal of fighting cancer, management seems to be listening, making hard choices to do the right thing and keep the company going in the right direction. This may not have been true in the past but definitely seems the case as of the past 6 -12 months.

Cons

The underdog (I like that - only the scrappy and extremely perseverant need apply). Also fighting against huge inertia of old perceptions of company and technology in the market - most people I talk to haven’t heard about updates the company has made for more than 7-10 years.

Advice to Management

Keep up the efforts to listen to your teams about what is going on and moving forward. I feel like we’re on the right track.

Accuray2019-07-18
  2. "Good Pay and great perks"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at Accuray full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Get to work from home and pay is pretty good. Can mostly set you own schedule.

Cons

Sometimes have to work late and on some weekends.

Advice to Management

Listen to what FSEs have to say.

Accuray2019-06-21

Discover more reviews about Accuray.