Accuray - Execs are getting promoted while lower levels are being RIF'd to save cost... | Glassdoor

"Execs are getting promoted while lower levels are being RIF'd to save cost..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Accuray full-time

Pros

The products used to be better than the competition, but the company has no budget to catch up..

Cons

Execs are leaving the company and the remaining execs are not adding any value. Employees are very demotivated and more and more people are leaving the company.

Advice to Management

Replace the CEO and your key execs to give this company a chance of survival!

Accuray2018-12-07
  1. "Making the right changes"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Director

I have been working at Accuray full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding technology that can make an impact on patients, great people working with you and driving to the same goal of fighting cancer, management seems to be listening, making hard choices to do the right thing and keep the company going in the right direction. This may not have been true in the past but definitely seems the case as of the past 6 -12 months.

Cons

The underdog (I like that - only the scrappy and extremely perseverant need apply). Also fighting against huge inertia of old perceptions of company and technology in the market - most people I talk to haven’t heard about updates the company has made for more than 7-10 years.

Advice to Management

Keep up the efforts to listen to your teams about what is going on and moving forward. I feel like we’re on the right track.

Accuray2019-07-18
  2. "Good Pay and great perks"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at Accuray full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Get to work from home and pay is pretty good. Can mostly set you own schedule.

Cons

Sometimes have to work late and on some weekends.

Advice to Management

Listen to what FSEs have to say.

Accuray2019-06-21

Discover more reviews about Accuray.