Ace Hardware - Ex Store Manager | Glassdoor

"Ex Store Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Akron, OH
Former Employee - General Manager in Akron, OH

I worked at Ace Hardware (More than 8 years)

Pros

Image of giant corporation but actually locally owned stores tailored to the community they serve.Can give you the feel of running your own business, depending on how oh hands the owner is.

Cons

The locally owned factor means each store will be managed differently. It all depends on the owner.

Advice to Management

Use your guidence by Ace to be as consistent as possible. Always look to use best practices and learn from your follow dealers.

Other Employee Reviews for Ace Hardware

1. "Sales associated"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cypress, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cypress, TX

I have been working at Ace Hardware part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and great customers to work for. Small atmosphere but vast assortment of essential hardware items. Mostly individual own and gives it the mom and pop feel that the big box places can't come close to. The one I work at the owners are husband and wife, I always tell customer that not only do they care abut their customers needs hardware wise they cater to findng the unique items that both husband and wife can enjoy shopping together. Like for example two old goats cream or one of a kind home decor.

Cons

Only one con I can think of is that being smaller and individually owned the pay is slightly lower.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "Lots of Great products to sell to the general public. Pros and Novices alike but not much else.........."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Ace Hardware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can be fun place to work if you like being around hardware and tools and you want to sell something people need to get project done well. I enjoyed that part of it.

Cons

Ace Hardware Stores are Franchised own, depending who the owner of your particular store is- your can be very low. Minimum wage or less, no benefits mine was terrible. I doubt if the corporation as whole can do anything about it.

Advice to Management

Not Applicable.