1. "Multiple opportunities for growth and a supportive team behind you at all times"

5.0
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Achievement First full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a lead teacher who started as a teacher-in-residence, I had multiple coaches who coached me on how to become a better instructor, make my curriculum more rigorous, implement structures and routines for students in order to set culture in the classroom, and how to manage my time to be the most effective. As a teacher coming into this network as a "student", I felt welcomed, appreciated, and a part of a team. I truly do love my job, and care for my students even more.

Cons

Achievement First is still a growing network, and with growth comes some growing pains. Communication from top (management) down (teachers and non-instructional staff) can sometimes get muddled, and while feedback is always well intentioned, it doesn't always appear that way. This is both between teacher-to-teacher and management-to-teacher. As a network, we are slowly getting better.

Continue reading
  1. "Be Ready to Work Hard! (Worth It)"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Coordinator in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Achievement First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with, incredible community of families, scholars, and network staff, feedback culture is strong, opportunities for growth and development.

Cons

Just be ready to work hard (long hours and days) for the sake of scholars. You should have a strong growth mindset - get ready for lots of feedback on your work and performance.

2. "TIR Review"

4.0
    Current Employee - High School Math Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at Achievement First full-time

Pros

-strong mentorship and coach -strong support system

Cons

Be prepared to work. They have high expectations which often leads to extra work.

Discover more reviews about Achievement First.