Achievers - Poor excuse for a company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Achievers

"Poor excuse for a company"

I worked at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food like every other startup in SF.
Colleagues are nice and friendly, but you definitely have to make an effort to fit in with the team which means drinking the "kool-aid."

Cons

This company is a complete oxymoron. All they do is pitch employee engagement and recognition, yet I have never worked at a company with worse morale or turnover. The management team is all about telling you how great the company is, yet their actions do not support that. In my career, I have learned that a strong company consists of a strong leadership team who has the experience and vision to lead a company in the right direction, a product that works, and employees who are smarter than you. This company has none of that. Also, it is run more like a fraternity than a company, where culture is forced down your throat. Their "culture" is defined by spending 24 hours a day together, partying on the weekends, and not the shared values of the employees. Those who hang out with Razor are given preferential treatment and growth is not based on talent. Unfortunately, you don't realize how unhealthy the environment is until you leave. Given how much hiring is going on in tech these days, I would strongly recommend avoiding this company at all costs.

Oct 9, 2013 – Employee Success Representative

Thank you very much for your feedback. Rest assured that when hiring our employees, we ensure that we see a fit within our culture. As we hold a strong cultural compass, you will find that many of... More

Other Employee Reviews for Achievers

"Don't be fooled"

I worked at Achievers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food, Some great people, cool workspace.

Cons

EGO city! You literally need to penetrate into one of the various cliques to have a chance at this company. The CEO thinks he running a fraternity and will literally say "YES" to anything potential customers ask. IPO will never happen here, best case they get bought, but senior management who claims to be well versed in IPO actually is not. Also, caution on any positive reviews as new hires are asked to fill out a glowing review in their first 30 days.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to employees, they are adults. Stop lying to customers and sell what you can deliver.

Oct 9, 2013 – Employee Success Representative

We appreciate your time in sharing your feedback. To address your concerns in regards to the leadership team, you will be happy to hear that we have appointed Patrick D. Quirk as our President and... More

"Feel like I pledged the wrong frat and the pledge master is now hitting on my girlfriend"

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a feel-good product. Who doesn't like being recognized? Clients (initially) like us and the idea of what we do for them.
    Free Food - lots of it.
    If you are "in" that week, management may be generous with points (our currency) so you can buy yourself something nice (if overpriced) from our limited catalogue.
    There are some very talented people here (caveat: they are not being utilized or recognized)
    Events and PR are outstanding. I bought into the hype, and some of our clients/prospects do too. Seriously, we should be overpaying these teams b/c they do the best things at the company.

Cons

Seriously wanted to love working here, but it just is NOT going to happen. This company touts itself as a serious software company, but it is just a social cult. If you don't like waking up on Monday wondering if management or the "cool" kids like you, then run.
    Everyone talks about going public all the time (speaks to the lack of real business experience and maturity). Really? an IPO? There are very few people here that understand what that means.
    We are not HQ'd in San Francisco. There is a presence in SF, but the leadership and direction come out of Toronto and those ideas are back in 1998 as far as how to compete and win in this space.

Advice to Management

Start over. Don't play favorites. Get a strategy to execute on what we commit to clients.
    Take the time to appreciate the talents of your employees and quit listening to the advice/gossip of the inside few - too many good people who are incredibly talented have left or been asked to leave without anyone really investing them - the revolving door is incredibly expensive.

Oct 9, 2013 – Employee Success Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. To help address your concern regarding our presence in San Francisco, we are headquartered there, however, we work hard to ensure a strong... More