Achievers - Be wary, unless your title starts with a "C" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Achievers

"Be wary, unless your title starts with a "C""

I worked at Achievers full-time

Pros

You will get to work with a lot of smart people. There are some nice benefits, including using their own product. Lots of branded swag, if you like that sort of thing.

Cons

Favoritism and nepotism abound! Senior hires have brought along coworkers from previous organizations who don't go through the interview process, and end up as overpaid waste. More tenured leaders are too scared to stand up to the new hires & get walked all over. Culture is seriously failing, at a company about building culture!

All those smart people I mentioned in my Pros -- they are smart, but unless they are someone's favorite, their ideas and suggestions will be ignored. So much amazing talent is going to waste at Achievers because not everyone is in the 'inner circle'.

The employees are motivated by fear, and not by passion. (Hence all the good reviews on here are only from current employees who are scared to say otherwise. Same goes for me -- I was too scared to write my review until after I left.)

Advice to Management

To the tenured senior management -- stand up for yourselves, and your employees! The recent senior hires are bringing moral and productivity down.

To the newer senior management -- check your ego at the door. If you need an executive assistant or first class flights, go work for a Fortune500 organization. Your ego is only making this company worse.

Other Employee Reviews for Achievers

"Great Company"

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been here about a month and a half and already love it. Everyone here wants to be here and there is no clock watchers.

Cons

Lots of new upper management hires

Achievers Response

Oct 9, 2013 – Employee Success Representative

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying being part of the Achievers family! Our employee base is full of dynamic, driven, and passionate people such as yourself who ... More

"Wish I'd trusted the bad feeling I had during the interview process."

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, all-you-can-eat snacks and drinks, opportunities to choose your own rewards with points, a few great people, flexible schedule, amazing location.

Cons

For a company that specializes in engagement, I've rarely seen such a disengaged staff. Senior management hasn't the faintest clue what's going on, communication is dreadful, and the extreme emphasis on recognition leaves the unrecognized feeling awful. Few staff members are qualified for their jobs, although there are a few truly amazing standouts. You have to really drink the Kool-Aid to fit in here. When the in-crowd decides they don't like you, it's like Lord of the Flies.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Razor and find an actual CEO.

Achievers Response

Oct 9, 2013 – Employee Success Representative

Incredible feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to write your review. You will be happy to hear that employee retention has increased. Employee engagement survey results indicate an ... More