Acnielsen Bases - Very rewarding! First job, gave me lots to learn | Glassdoor
  1. "Very rewarding! First job, gave me lots to learn"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Acnielsen Bases

Pros

Management is amazing. If you perform your best, you are sure to be promoted fast. I have seen friends starting of as a reserach analyst and within 4 years become a director...which is great considering the career paths and the recognition at work.

Cons

Its easy to feel overworked. Lots of projects, tasks, responsibilties given to an individual. Initially, the pay may be a little low but definitely better than the other jobs, but salary hikes are given once you complete a year.

Acnielsen Bases2011-03-08

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Application Development review"

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Acnielsen Bases

Pros

BASES had interesting technology projects to work on although the range of technologies available to use as solutions were limited.

Cons

BASES began to do some downsizing and outsourcing of technology projects so Indian firms became the main IT solution used there.

Advice to Management

Develop the business learning of internal application development staff to ensure that they have more knowledge than the off shore associates.

Acnielsen Bases2010-07-02
  2. "Long hours always expected with little appreciation for the time and effort"

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Covington, KY

I worked at Acnielsen Bases

Pros

Lots of young college graduates. Friendly employees. If you are fresh out of college and hoping to meet some new friends at work, you can definitely accomplish those goals here.

Cons

The morale is typically low because employees feel overworked and under-appreciated. Although you do spend some time working with your team and clients, generally all of your work is spent on your computer alone. I did not find that there was enough interaction with other people. While the idea of working on new product testing sounds very exciting, most of your efforts go into analyzing data in 200+ page tables, creating...

Advice to Management

Give managers more thorough training so they are able to better manage and train new employees. Provide incoming and prospective employees with a truer picture of the hours required of the typical marketing research analyst.

Acnielsen Bases2010-04-20

Discover more reviews about Acnielsen Bases.