Acor Orthopaedic - HORRIFIC | Glassdoor

"HORRIFIC"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

products help people with diabetes

Cons

building stinks from glue - health hazard
employees are not professional
executives totally out of touch
lack of direction from president and ceo

Advice to Management

management is totally out for themselves and are out of touch

Other Employee Reviews for Acor Orthopaedic

"Unless you're desparate, please do not apply at Acor Orthopaedic."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

Pros

The "little people" at Acor made the job enjoyable. We had a bond and mutual respect for each other that would be hard to match. The picnics and the Christmas parties were fun.

Cons

There were many downsides. In a particular department, it helps if you are a snitch (per a supervisor) to advance. Also, a particular manager, unless the owners were in town, sat and read magazines most of the day, surfed the web, or stared at his girlfriend who worked 5 feet away. Every year I was employed there, a 2% raise was given to everyone in the company. That barely made a difference on the paycheck, since every year health benefits increased. The communication was horrible. We didn't have weekly meetings to talk about new products, so when customers called to ask us about something, we had no idea what they meant. Whenever there was an employee "pow wow," compliments from the supervisor were read from a piece of paper instead of being told to our faces. More and more work was forced upon us from other departments in the company because the supervisor didn't have the nerve to stand up for us "little people" in the office, which made the days so busy we couldn't get all of our work finished. Sexual harrassment by the supervisor. I'm not sure how much I can say legally on this site, but I have audio and video of very inappropriate comments made to the office women. There are many more downsides, but I'd have finished a novel after they were explained!

Advice to Management

Please train your new employees instead of making current employees do it! If you don't appreciate the way it was done, then do it yourselves, instead of criticizing the trainers. Lastly, make a rule about fraternizing with supervisors. There's no need for dating drama in the workplace.

2. "Junior Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Junior Business Analyst in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Former Employee - Junior Business Analyst in Taipei (Taiwan)

I worked at Acor Orthopaedic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work / Life balance. Flexible Management Environment.

Cons

Low Salary. Unstructured Working Environment.