Acosta - Why am I still here? | Glassdoor

"Why am I still here?"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Merchandiser in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Acosta part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I receive a deplorably low paycheck every two weeks, for backbreaking work, headaches from dealing with incompetent coworkers, and frustration from apathetic managers.

Cons

No chance for advancement. none. Never plan on being able to move up from your current position. When my yearly review comes around i am inevitably told that I am a great and reliable worker, and yet I have never received a pay raise. The "career pathway" is just left blank. The turn over is incredible. There is no differentiation between good workers and poor ones. Lazy and slow people tend to stay around for a while, but anybody with a decent work ethic end up getting disgusted and leave soon.

Advice to Management

ASAP managers seam to have no idea what is going on in the store at night. Who is working and whos sucking up time. If they did they might not have such high turnover.

Other Employee Reviews for Acosta

1. "Some days are good"

Pros

Flexible hours, if you get job done fast you get paid for the estimated duration of the call. Relatively straightforward work. Supervisors are nice as long as you are a good employee.

Cons

A lot of driving required, not good mileage reimbursement. Some stores give you a hard time. Can be scheduled for a call the night before.

Advice to Management

Let me know if you decide to assign a call for me at least 48 hours in advance.

"They take more than they give. Don't apply for this job because they will hire you full time but will be part time with"

I have been working at Acosta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are none, sorry company.

Cons

You have too much work and do not get overtime. Don't get mileage

Advice to Management

Share some of the bonuses you get from the manufactures. You have lost the integrity and loyalty of this company. You get what you pay for. You are losing clients because you treat you employees like they do not matter.