Acosta - Easy, boring, repetitive, not a challenge, hard to advance, no raises | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Acosta

"Easy, boring, repetitive, not a challenge, hard to advance, no raises"

Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser
Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser

I have been working at Acosta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, can flip flop days due to weather or doctors appointments. Great benefits and vacation/personal time.

Cons

1.Basically same thing everyday at each store, I work in walmarts only and feel like a glorified walmart employee with all the stocking questions we get and product we are expected to pack out.
2.Not enough work for hours your expected be at the store.
3.Company gives reviews but NO raises!?! How do you expect people to stay?
4.VERY hard to advance into management, I have 20+yrs in various retail management positions and want to advance, I've applied to over 15 positions and don't even get a interview or reply back from the hiring manager.
5. GPS is fully intact, to know exactly where you are, which is wrong....big brother doesn't need to know I'm in the bathroom....

Advice to Management

Give raises for cost of living or production when you get reviewed. You keep buying in on deals with other companies and your making money hand over fist, try sharing the wealth with raises. Make your employees feel like you care. Need to increase mileage pay too.

Other Employee Reviews for Acosta

"Monotonous"

Current Employee - Business Manager Assistant - BMA
    Current Employee - Business Manager Assistant - BMA

I have been working at Acosta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible. Very easy to leave the job at the door when you go home.

Cons

Monotonous, lots of repetitive work, no advancement unless you want sales, no raises, they take care of their upper management and that's it

Advice to Management

If you want to keep good people, PAY THEM! Don't come in and talk about all of the acquisitions the company is doing and how it's a billion dollar company when you haven't given raises in years.

2. "Still Mom and Pop"

I have been working at Acosta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, decent compensation, decent benefits. There are some very talented individuals in the C Suite. the vision for the future is there.

Cons

Small company that has bought many others to become a national presence. Still ran like a small family owned company. Many growing pains. The operational management has not caught the vision of the C Suite. Each channel is its own silo.

Advice to Management

Incorporate all costs when making a purchase. Do not give away work for free just to win the business.